Lone Star is a small country church with approximately 110 members. It was formally organized on August 23, 1910 with 27 charter members. Services were sporadic and were held in a tent until around 1916 when a small white frame building was constructed. This building, with the addition of 2 Sunday School rooms, served until 1963. The present building was constructed in 1963 and in 1986 additional Sunday School rooms were added.
On Easter Sunday, April 8, 2007, Lone Star had its official groundbreaking for its Family Life Center. This building was first used for Lone Star’s 100th Anniversary Celebration and Homecoming on September 10, 2010